Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!



"We will open the book. It's pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce~

New Year's Resolution
A promise you make to yourself to start doing something good or stop doing something bad that starts the first day of the year.


Welcome to a wonderful new year!  I hope your time off was both relaxing and full of fun.  As we move into the winter months, the transformation begins to take place.  The 3rd graders that started the year are beginning to show signs of growth and maturity, inching their way towards 4th grade.  It starts slowly at first, reading and writing for longer periods, asking more questions, using more vocabulary and visibly growing and changing. Then, when spring rolls around, they are ready to bloom along with nature. I enjoy watching the process each and every year.  I'm proud of the work the students have done thus far and looking forward to the new learning to come. As the students and I look at our blank pages with optimism, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to meet with each student and select a learning goal together.  Everyone needs something to strive for. The challenge is to encourage each unique student to stretch and soar higher in an area of expertise and to persevere and work harder in an area that needs improvement.  I'm looking forward to 2014 and I can't wait to watch the students bloom!