Hello everyone!
It was great seeing many of you at Curriculum Night. The evening flew by and I hope that I covered most of the important topics. For those of you that were unable to attend, I have attached the Curriculum Night Powerpoint at the bottom left of this blog. Feel free to go over the slides at your leisure. One thing I know I forget to touch on is Current Events. I haven't told the students about it yet and I do not plan on starting until the beginning of October. If you are interested, a description of the activity is given at the top of the blog on the tab labeled Current Events.
All students and families should have received Scholastic Book Order forms. Please consider ordering books this month. As I stated on Curriculum Night, in September, Scholastic offers teachers a chance to receive 7,000 bonus Points!! If the class orders $350 or more, we will earn 7,000 points. Even if we don't reach the $350, we will still receive 5X the usual amount of points, plus a bonus!! Remember, purchasing books is voluntary and I appreciate your support.
Last Week, we were lucky enough to have Mrs. Straub come and talk with the 3rd graders about the PTA Community. The students learned that through the efforts of the PTA many great things are provided to the school such as.. .
The PTA Directory- Market Day- Science Fair- The Ice Cream Social- Assignment Notebooks- Time for Kids- SMARTboards -The Fun Fair- Apparel- and Box Tops for Education so much more!
WOW! So many wonderful things provided to us by the PTA. We are truly fortunate to have such an active, caring PTA community. A big thank you goes out to Mrs. Straub and all the other PTA volunteers for helping to make May Watts a very special school.
We are off to a fabulous start of the new school year. Thank you for being so supportive.


