Saturday, September 8, 2012



Hello 3-BA Students and families,

     I thought this picture was a perfect choice for the blog while we are studying communities.  We are very fortunate to live in a beautiful, family friendly town like Naperville.  This week Jen Straub, our PTA president and 3BA parent will be giving a presentation to the 3rd graders about our school community and how the PTA helps our May Watts families. Jen is very excited to talk with the students and we can't wait for her to come!

    I am hoping that the weather begins to cool down and we start to feel the crisp fall air.  It has been very hot upstairs and between cool down times and the need to complete the beginning of the year activities, things have been out of whack.  I'm looking forward to a normal classroom schedule and daily hum of engaged learners.

  I want to thank everyone for the beautiful letters you wrote me about your children.  I love getting those letters and feeling the pride, love and  pure joy you have for your children.  The love and hope you have for your children fuels my passion to be the best teacher I can be.  The kids are special to both of us and together we will lead the way to their success.

     This week I will begin sending graded papers home in the students' Wednesday folders.  Most every Wednesday, your student will bring home a folder with his/her graded work for the week. Please look over the work with your student and talk about his/her progress.  Then, take the papers out of the folder and return with a signature to school the next day.

     I hope you visit the blog often.  Remember, the link to the Third Grade Blog is at the top of this page.  There you will find an overview of the weekly curriculum and upcoming events.  Here you will find things that pertain exclusively to 3BA.  Thursday,  I am hoping to see most of you at Curriculum Night.  You will hear more details about the third grade year, sign-up for conferences and hopefully sign some volunteer sheets.  See ya Thursday!

Curriculum Night
Thursday, September 13th
Session 1 6:30 - 6:55
All School Presentation 7:05- 7:25 about
Citizenship and the New Common Core Math Curriculum
Session 2  7:35-8:00 (repeat of session 1)
~adults only please~