Hi Everyone!
Judging from this weekend and the look of the trees, cool weather is fast approaching. Remember to send a jacket with your student because we will be going outdoors. As we move into October, we are also starting some new units of study. Make sure to check the Third Grade blog to see what's happening in class. In addition, there are lots of upcoming events and a policy change in snacks. Get a cup of Joe and read all about May Watts and Third Grade.
The upcoming bat research is a student favorite. The students love doing the bat research and displaying their new found knowledge about bats. They also make some cute little clothes pin bats to help give "ambiance" to the poster display.
If you haven't e-mailed Mrs. Simonich with your e-mail, please do so ASAP. She really needs all the e-mails so she can communicate with you. The Halloween room party is in a couple of weeks. Again,
her e-mail is CKSIMONICH@msn.com.
Columbus Day is Monday, October 10th. There is no school that day, but here is a little Columbus Day trivia. Columbus Day Quiz
There are two things I am wondering about so I put a couple of polls on the blog to get the answers. Do you as parents like the spelling menu? Or do you find is time consuming, when your student already know his/her words? I asked the students, and most said they liked the spelling menu and Spelling City. I recently upgraded my membership on Spelling City so students can turn their assignments in online. Answer the poll questions and let me know what you are thinking. If you have any better ideas, please e-mail me your suggestions.
Also, I only had one parent order any books this month. Maybe, it was bad timing, or maybe you get books another way. My question is this, if parents are not interested in the Scholastic Book Orders, should I stop sending them home? It does take some organization to get the book orders sent out and organized. Maybe it's something most parents are not interested in.
I am going to Iowa next weekend to see my beautiful grandson, so I won't be blogging next week. Enjoy the fall colors.

