Labor Day
Labor Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September. It originated in 1882 to recognize American workers. It is a "day off to rest" for workers across the country. Traditionally, Labor Day is celebrated by most Americans as the symbolic end of summer.
Welcome to my classroom blog. I hope you all enjoyed your extra long weekend off! And what a beautiful weekend it was! I was lucky enough to have two exciting things happen this weekend. First, my daughter and husband came with little Cooper and Maggie the Grand dog! We all got to visit and bond. Little Coop has grown already and holding him just makes me melt. Maggie is a chocolate lab and loves her little brother. It was interesting to watch her stand guard over him. She is very protective.
The next exciting thing that happened this weekend was, we had the Baumann family Fantasy Football Draft! Mr. Baumann has won the last 2 years and it's time to de-throne him. I am feeling pretty good about my team. With Tom Brady as my quarterback, I should rack up a few points.
Although the Third Grade Blog will update you with weekly curricular information and test dates, throughout the year I will update this blog with things that pertain to our particular classroom. I will post pictures, comments and helpful information. When I write a new post, I will send an e-mail letting you know there is new info for you to view. Occasionally, I even have blog homework, so make sure to check when I send an e-mail.
~ FYI ~
The Spelling menu is on a tab at the top of the blog. Students will be responsible for completing 3 spelling assignments a week. They will turn all three in on Fridays before the test. Feel free to print off the menu and attach it to the homework. If you are trying to save paper, just staple the three assignments together with the student's name and list number printed clearly on the front page. Remember, the choices are yours, but the assignment is mandatory!
And speaking of saving paper ...
District 204 and May Watts are working together to save paper. The staff is being asked to figure out creative ways to reduce the amount of paper used in the classroom. I think it's a great idea and good for the earth too. So, expect to see many more things to come home electronically. I will do my best to keep you informed, but it's your job as students and parents to check the blog. Technology is now!
Mrs. Andrews needs your help! She asked the teachers to ask parents if they are available to help with fitness testing beginning September 26th. If you are able to help, please e-mail Mrs. Andrews.
PARENT HOMEWORK IS DUE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH. THANK YOU TO ALL THE PARENTS THAT HAVE ALREADY SENT IN LETTERS. I HAVE TRULY ENJOYED READING ABOUT YOUR CHILD.
Finally, the new school year is a stressful time for students. They have to get used to the school routine; going to bed early, not eating what they want when they want to eat it, listening to and following directions, as well as learning new expectations and procedures. That's a lot of new stuff coming at them. Take some time to encourage your student and boost their confidence. Each one of them is a very special person with unique gifts. We will work together to help them succeed. I think that's all for now and I look forward to seeing you all at Curriculum Night. Thought I would leave you with some cute Little Cooper pictures. Enjoy!
I




