grat-i-tude
This is truly my favorite time of year. I love the changing colors of fall, the chill in the morning air and the warmth of a cozy sweater. I also love the opportunity to practice thankfulness and gratitude which is at the forefront of November days. We live in a very prosperous country and enjoy many freedoms that the majority of the world may never experience. As the students and I continue on our journey of learning about multiple perspectives, we have been examining the world around us and the differences among people. This seems like a wonderful time to express gratitude for the wonders of the world and the people that make our lives special.
Tuesday, November 11th is Veteran's Day. On this day we recognize the courageous men and women who have served our country. As Americans, we have been able to preserve the democratic society our fore fathers fought so hard to secure. This would not have been possible without the people of our armed forces. Thank you for your service.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's never overdone and the expectation of the day is simple- enjoy a meal with family and friends and express thankfulness for the gifts in your life. As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday remember to cherish your children and give them extra hugs and kisses. What a special gift they are. So whether you have turkey with all the trimmings or take out pizza--ENJOY! Take time to relax and unwind, marvel at the beauty of the day, laugh, play and show some gratitude.
Finally, I'm grateful for my students. As I look at their faces, filled with smiles and excitement, I am inspired by their ability to look at the world with wonder. They make my job special and I thank you for sharing them. Below is a video showing just how special they are. Just click on the link:)
3BA Students Shine!
3BA Students Shine!
Enjoy the gifts of November
Family-Friends- Gratitude



